Monday, February 18, 2008

Cello, Baby, Names, and Lessons

One week from today Beth and I get to find out the sex of our baby. Until then, we remain in limbo and Beth remains unable to buy everything the baby could ever need (and more) in the appropriate color combinations.

As of right now, we have decided that the baby will sleep upstairs in our loft with us instead of the spare room. The spare room is currently my practice room, our craft room, and our library. Beth informed me that she is thinking about taking my room from me and giving it to the baby. I don't think so. It's very nice to be able to close the door to that room and work out all of the difficult passages on my own without having to worry about offending people's ears. I can play as bad, or as slow, as need be. Plus, I have no idea where our book cases, desk, sewing machine, etc. would go.

Cello is going well as of late. Minna has been traveling back and forth from New York preparing for a recital of her own which has resulted in the canceling of basiclly everyother lesson. This has been ok with me since my practice time has been limited by long hours at work. I feel that Minna expects a lot from me since I have a degree in performance, and I have been trying to live up to those expectations to no avail. Although I think I am gaining ground. At my last lesson she told me that "lessons were going very well," I'll take that for now. The good thing about taking private lessons is that you get to work one-on-one with a great artist who sees all of your faults and helps you to correct them. This in turn leads you to focus on what you do wrong and ignore the things you are doing right. So its always nice to get a compliment from someone who knows.

By the way, we're looking for a few good boy names. We have two girls names (Piper and Maya) and only one boys name (Owen). If you have any ideas, please leave it in a comment or shoot me an email.

No comments: