Sunday, February 24, 2008

Concert Tonight!

We have a Fairbanks Symphony concert tonight featuring Giora Schmidt at 4pm at Davis Concert Hall. It's a Brahms concert, so we're playing the Violin Concerto (Giora's cadenza in the first movement is impressive to say the least) and Brahms' first symphony. It is going to be a great concert.

I have a lesson with Minna today before the concert which is a hard thing. Instead of preparing for the concert I have been getting some difficult passages of the Saint-Saens Concerto up to speed. In all honesty, I would rather be working the concerto anyway.

On an entirely different note, the weather during the last week has been amazing. During the day it has been above freezing almost every this last week. The cold temps are supposed to come back soon but hopefully I'll be in Mexico on my cruise by then. I can not wait. I have never been on a warm beach before, or on a real vacation for that matter, and after this winter I think I'll want to stay there.

(Tomorrow is the big day. The sex of the baby is to be determined. Any guesses?)

No comments: